We have learnd that an individual who was present in the gym yesterday (October 26) tested positive for COVID today. This individual contracted the virus from a contact elsewhere.
Out of an abundance of caution, and per NYS regulations, the gym will be closed for a complete disinfection (as you may know, we disinfect the entire gym on a daily basis as it is).
We are required to report the positive case to the state and local health authorities and we will reopen as soon as they clear us to do so.
Fit Fusion • Sunday 8AM • Starts 11/1
Taught by Ute. Rise and Shine to a fast paced workout with a mix of strength and training, cardio, agility and metabolic conditioning.
ZUMBA • 9:30AM Fridays
Taught by Rita. Come and dance, have fun and SWEAT SWEAT SWEAT!!! No dance experience needed!!! A total workout, combining all elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy and a serious dose of awesome each time you leave class.
If you have a passion for fitness and enjoy helping others, we have rewarding career opportunities for energetic and motivated individuals. Please ask Front Desk for an Application or call (631) 369-6293
Front Desk – Opening, Closing and Weekends
Floor Person – Various Hours
Instructors (all types) – Various Days
It’s been too long but we’re BACK, and we’ve invested in the best equipment available to help keep you safe, including:
- Medical-grade HEPA13 air purification
- State-of-the art electrostatic disinfection equipment
- Touchless temperature check
- Extra sanitizer stations
Here are some highlights of how we’ll operate:
- Masks will be required at all times. (Note: per NY State, bandanas and gaiters are not acceptable face coverings in gyms).
- We are required to screen everybody that comes into the gym, so please allow extra time for your check-in.
- Class capacity will be limited to 33%, so reservations will be required (sign-ups via MYiCLUBonline).
- To ensure proper distancing in the main gym during the peak hours of 4:00-8:30 PM, Monday through Friday (only), we will need to reduce capacity to a level below what we normally experience during those busy times. Here’s how it’s going to work: during those hours, members with last names beginning with A through M will be admitted on even dates, and members with last names beginning with N through Z will be admitted on odd dates. (This does not apply to members having class reservations or appointments with personal trainers).
- The Cardio section will have every other machine available to maintain distancing.
- The machines in the strength section will be color- coded to maintain distancing.
- To avoid members being in close proximity to one another around cleaning stations or racks, our staff will disinfect equipment used in classes after each session.
- Child care will not be available until further notice.
If you have any questions, give us a ring. We can’t wait to see you!
Ha pasado demasiado tiempo, pero estamos DE REGRESO y hemos invertido en el mejor equipo disponible para ayudarlo a mantenerse seguro, que incluye:
- Purificación de aire HEPA13 de grado médico
- Equipo de desinfección electrostática de última generación
- Control de temperatura sin contacto
- Estaciones de desinfección adicionales
A continuación, presentamos algunos aspectos destacados de cómo operaremos:
- Se requerirán máscaras en todo momento. (Nota: según el estado de Nueva York, los pañuelos y las polainas no son cubiertas faciales aceptables en los gimnasios).
- Debemos realizar algunos pasos para detectar el virus a todos los que ingresan al gimnasio, así que por favor permita más tiempo para su check-in.
- La capacidad de la clase estará limitada al 33%, por lo que se requerirá reserva (inscripciones a través de MYiCLUBonline).
- Para asegurar una distancia adecuada en el gimnasio principal durante las horas pico de 4: 00-8: 30 PM, de lunes a viernes (solo), necesitaremos reducir la capacidad a un nivel por debajo de lo que normalmente experimentamos durante esos momentos ocupados. Así es como va a funcionar: durante esas horas, los miembros con apellidos que comiencen con la A a la M serán admitidos en fechas pares, y los miembros con apellidos que comiencen con N a Z serán admitidos en fechas impares. (Esto no se aplica a los miembros que tienen reservaciones de clases o citas con entrenadores personales).
- La sección de Cardio tendrá todas las demás máquinas disponibles para mantener el distanciamiento.
- Las máquinas en la sección de resistencia estarán codificadas por colores para mantener la distancia.
- Para evitar que los miembros estén muy cerca unos de otros alrededor de las estaciones de limpieza o rejillas, nuestro personal desinfectará el equipo utilizado en las clases después de cada sesión.
- El cuidado de niños no estará disponible hasta nuevo aviso.
Si tiene alguna pregunta, llámenos. ¡Estamos ansiosos por verte!
We have received from NYS and the county Department of Health the detailed protocols and inspection requirements for our reopening (many, many dense pages worth). Most of them we anticipated and already have in place. There are a few additional items on the list that we’ll be able to get set up within a few days.
The main timing issue for our reopening is when we can get our club reporting, management, and billing system back online. The company that provides this system to us is backed up due to the thousands of gyms all across the state trying to reopen at the same time after Cuomo made his surprise announcement. We will open the gym whether or not the billing system is fully in place, but we can’t open until we have the reporting system available to us for tracking check-ins and check-outs in order to comply with the state’s capacity limits and contact tracing requirements. In terms of an actual opening date, a realistic expectation is hopefully sometime during the week of August 31st, with a chance it could slip to the week after that. We should be able to provide a definitive date sometime next week.
Next week we will also post a summary of the protocols that will be in effect when we reopen. As you would imagine, things will be a bit different, but we’ll all make the best of it.
Earlier today Governor Cuomo announces that gyms may reopen “as soon as” Monday 8/24, but subject to certain conditions, including possible pre-opening inspections by “local health officials”.
As of 4:30 this afternoon those conditions have not been publicly released. As soon as we have them and evaluate them, we’ll communicate our plan for reopening.
We’ve got medical-grade HEPA13 air purification and electrostatic disinfection equipment in place and ready. Can’t wait to see you back!
We hope that you have been well. Hard to believe it’s been three full months since we’ve been shut down by the virus. While we don’t have a set reopening date yet (within weeks we hope, but that’s up to Albany) , we wanted you to know that we’ve used the “opportunity” (excuse the sarcasm) of the gym being closed to get a whole lot of work done. You’ll notice many improvements and changes, beginning literally as soon as you walk in the door.
We’ll be in touch to let you know the specific date and safety protocols for our reopening, once those are firmed up.
See you soon!
Maximus is closed until further notice, per government order applying to all gyms in New York State.
Members with paid-in-full memberships will have their expiration dates extended by the number of days we are closed, once that is known.
We have notified our payment processor to discontinue billing our Members that are on monthly auto-debit plans until we re-open.
Updates will be provided on our website, as well Facebook and Instagram.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Starting February 3rd, Mon—Fri. Maximus will close at 11pm.